Home   -   News   -   Game Tour   -   Screenshots   -   Rules   -   Chat   -   Contact   -   Forum
pt ro hu de es
pl it no nl en
The Land of Destiny Hero welcomes you.
Role playing game or called MMORPG free browser game
Breadcrumbs to navigate the website Homepage / Forum / Ideas & suggestions / Guilds

Topic: Guilds Post reply

Page: [1] 2 [3]

Alpha tester Posted on: 18-06-2008 12:03:24

The name GUILD should be changed to kingship or kingdom because a guild is an association of craftsmen in a particular trade. The earliest guilds were formed as confraternities of workers.And i dont think players are craftmans in this game.
Alpha tester Posted on: 18-06-2008 14:04:48

yes a Kingdom (not a kingship )
Alliance can stay I think
Developer Posted on: 18-06-2008 15:54:05

Guild ~ an organization of persons with related interests, goals, etc., esp. one formed for mutual aid or protection.

In large games like world of warcraft you also have guilds, where ppl form a group of players with the same interests.
Alpha tester Posted on: 18-06-2008 16:06:01

But in world of warcraft you are not a leader of a country you are one person,so there you can have a "killer guild",but here you cant have a guild of counrtes that just dose not exist.
Developer Posted on: 18-06-2008 17:26:50

I dont think kingdom goes with the current system, the (guild)leader is not really a king...its more a group of village owners joining together
Alpha tester Posted on: 18-06-2008 19:41:31

I think that a kingdom the best name for now,because you have a group of landowners and one is the main and he can be a king(he may give himslef what any tittle he likes).And a group of kingdoms can make an alliance.
Alpha tester Posted on: 19-06-2008 11:23:20

No! Guild is better,
For my exam of History I needed to learn this:
[Gilde: Een vereniging van kooplui uit dezelfde stad]

A kingdom is many villages and grounds of 1 person.
And in the game the persons stand together and there is not a king or leader...

Maybe a Hanze is better as a guild
[Hanze: vereniging van kooplui uit verschillende steden, opgericht met het oog op bescherming bij het handel drijven...]
Developer Posted on: 19-06-2008 12:30:08

Kingdom could be fine, the headquarter would be a castle on one of the outpost areas. So the owner of the kingdom needs a castle before he can invite new players. But the castle has to be well protected as the kingdom get disbanded on takeover.
Alpha tester Posted on: 19-06-2008 12:44:25

Plz read this
A guild is an association of craftsmen in a particular trade. The earliest guilds were formed as confraternities of workers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild

and you will see what a guild is.

A kingdom is ruled by a king,but the king dose not directly own all the land,he can own some part of the land and the rest is owned by nobleman's (land owner).

Because you own towns and fortreses in this game it makes you some kind of noble,landowner or maybe even a king.But you sure are not a craftsman,you may have some of them in YOUR towns,they can make guilds in side your town.

So you are an Overlord(look on wiki if you like) of your towns,and the leader of the kingdom(guild) is the overlord of you,and the leader of the alliance is the over lord of your overlord

And we are making this game for English speaking (the game is on english)ppl so if guild means one thing duch it dose not have to mean the same thing on English.

And plz translate your post.

Alpha tester Posted on: 19-06-2008 14:25:36

Yes but I didn't know how to translate it

If you explain it that way, Your right kalemati!

Kingdom is fine

Page: [1] 2 [3]

You have to register or login first before you are able to reply.
LoD is a free online rts game free online MMORPG