Home   -   News   -   Game Tour   -   Screenshots   -   Rules   -   Chat   -   Contact   -   Forum
pt ro hu de es
pl it no nl en
The Land of Destiny Hero welcomes you.
Role playing game or called MMORPG free browser game
Breadcrumbs to navigate the website Homepage / Forum / Game information / Empires

Topic: Empires Post reply

Page: 1 [2]

Alpha tester Posted on: 26-06-2008 21:50:42

Creation of the empire:
> You need a castle in a town, the castle will be a new building (new image), so not a stronghold*
> Once the first level of the castle is build (expensive) the empire can be created.
> The creation of the will be similar to the current guild system
---> Name of the empire(can be changed )
---> Tag of the empire (can be changed )
---> Weapon/banner of the empire (not unique, can changed)
---> Description of the empire (can be edited)

About the castle:
> Every level of the castle will allow 2 new players to join
> The castle has a maximum level of 30, which allows 60 players to join
> Each level of the castle gives a bonus of 1% to the defense of each member in the empire,and 4$ per lvl to the town its built in
> At level 15 the empire can start / join an alliance, with a maximum of 6 other empires
> If the area which holds the castle is conquered, the empire is disbanded
---> the castle can by used by the new owner, if there are 2 castle in a empire the LEADERS one is used.
---> the castle can also be destroyed by catapults or the owner can break it down
if the castle is just degraded the Empire stays but cant recruit until the castle is upgraded.

About the empire:
> The members of the empire should help defending the area which holds the castle
> The king can raise taxes, like resources for upgrading the castle, or for protection****
---> The warehouse of the empire will be the warehouse (from the area) which holds the castle
> The king can invite new members if there is space in the empire, or players can apply
> The king has the option to give members ranks/names and
> The king can edit / give members permissions (admin options)
> There will be a forum for the empire
> There will be an attack log, which logs all the incomming and outgoing attacks in the empire
> Members can leave at any time
> The weapon/banner of the empire and the tag will be shown in the description of each member

Diplomacy:
> The empire can make an alliance with other empires as described above
> The empire can go in war with other empires & alliances
> The kingdom can make a Non Aggression Pact (NAP) with other empires & alliances

Diplomacy:
I think if a empire should join an alliance it should go to war just with the alliance enemies,so the alliance has the same enemies.Of course one empire from the alliance can attack all members of one tribe but they will not be if formal war if there alliances are not in war.
Alliances can go to war with empires(if they dont have an alliance)
Empires in alliances cant fo to formal war,they can just fight the empire wars.
Empires that are in a alliance cant make NAP-s.
Developer Posted on: 07-07-2008 20:25:14

First version of the (empire) headquarter, sketched:
Sketch Empire HQ
Alpha tester Posted on: 11-07-2008 10:10:48

It all looks rlly cool to me.
Alpha tester Posted on: 17-07-2008 18:57:39

I like how if the castle is conquered their empire is disbanded, it adds more realism. I may have missed it but can the king disband certain members of their empire?
Developer Posted on: 18-07-2008 08:07:52

yes the leader/king can kick members.
Alpha tester Posted on: 12-08-2008 17:07:49

Its cheaper to join a empire then to build one.

I am very anxious to experience this empire system in game.

Obviously we will have to join such an empire or build one to be successful in this game.
Developer Posted on: 12-08-2008 17:13:38

The headquarter will be expensive so some help from the members is required. If you dont upgrade you cant let new players join. You also need a high level headquarter to start an alliance with other empires. And you better defend it else your empire falls
Member Posted on: 25-08-2008 05:45:47

This would be really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GameMaster Posted on: 25-08-2008 17:25:17

Just want to say, I would really like to see a rank (gained from completing all of the in-game objectives) that increases the maximum player-capacity (of an alliance) by 0.5.
Or a better number would be 0.4 (that way if 60 members had this rank, then there could be 84 members, and if 84 members had this rank, there could be 93.6 members, and if 99 members had this rank, there could be 99.6 members (maxxes at 100)).

kalemati wrote: "The king has the option to give members ranks/names"
Yes, and the available ranks would be those based on the ranks players have gained from completing the in-game objectives (quests).

Ranks could only be selected by the leader, if his/her members have unlocked those ranks. Then the ranks give a bonus to each member:

Yeoman: +1 food can be claimed by each alliance-member, once every 24 hours.
Squire: +1 iron can be claimed by each alliance-member, once every 24 hours.
Knight: +5 food can be claimed.
Baron: +5 iron can be claimed.
etc.
The highest rank might give +25 food claimable every 24 hours. And you need to be at least Knight to found an Empire, etc. etc.

- The castle should have a high food-upkeep cost.

- If another player has the same level-castle as the current leader, give the leader the option to pass-on leadership to the other player.

kalemati wrote: "The warehouse of the empire will be the warehouse (from the area) which holds the castle"
I do not understand the above? Players can donate to a warehouse? Why not just trade with another warehouse?

kalemati wrote: "There will be a forum for the empire" This sounds good, but I suggest that it be more along the lines of a message-board. This means a forum with only one section for posts (instead of multiple sections) so that players can see new discussions without having to browse through all the forum-sections (it works nicely).

kalemati wrote: "The weapon/banner of the empire and the tag will be shown in the description of each member"
How will the banners be made? Just a pre-made image, or a 16x16 file that can be uploaded to the server?

- How are NAPs enforced?
Oh... Wow, I just learned what NAP stands for Thank you.

Wait, so alliances > empires > players?
What are the requirements and (size) limits of an alliance?
Moderator Posted on: 25-08-2008 17:37:37

it's easier to read if you use quotes.

Page: 1 [2]

You have to register or login first before you are able to reply.
LoD is a free online rts game free online MMORPG