Home   -   News   -   Game Tour   -   Screenshots   -   Rules   -   Chat   -   Contact   -   Forum
pt ro hu de es
pl it no nl en
The Land of Destiny Hero welcomes you.
Role playing game or called MMORPG free browser game
Breadcrumbs to navigate the website Homepage / Forum / Ideas & suggestions / Attack calculator

Topic: Attack calculator Post reply

Page: 1

Member Posted on: 27-06-2008 19:05:56

Our previous attack calculator wasn't working really well, so, today, we've written a new one. The 'design' of the calculator was done by BasTijs, and the coding by Peck.

Some varying parameters are integrated, so no battle will be fought the same. Sometimes, your army isn't quite as fit as the previous time, and that will influence the battle. If your troops have spotted an attacking enemy before they've reached you, you'll have an advantage, and so on.

Please post all bugs here.
Alpha tester Posted on: 27-06-2008 19:20:23

The battel system dose not work,and its very bad.
I attack with 100 gladiators defend with 100 footmna.
Once attacker wins
gladiators 100/88
footman 100/100

Then defender vins
glad 100/100
footman 100/68

Then attacker
glad 100/0 !!!!!!
footman 100/100

if it stays that way there will be no use of the simulator,and the luck factor is much more then 25% as i told.
Developer Posted on: 27-06-2008 19:30:27

kalemati:
The battel system dose not work,and its very bad.
maybe react normal?
kalemati:
if it stays that way there will be no use of the simulator,and the luck factor is much more then 25% as i told.
the luck factor is much less, but there is also 50% chance per round who hits first.
Member Posted on: 27-06-2008 19:36:52

I've checked and double checked everything in debug mode, but all seems harmless.
Maybe the atk and def values can use some tweaking.
Developer Posted on: 27-06-2008 19:48:18

Yes, I think the attack of units should be much lower compared to the defence. So a gladiator will have to make 3 hits to kill a footman. If the atk of a unit is higher than the defence he will be killed in 1 hit.
Developer Posted on: 28-06-2008 21:20:35

I think I found the mistake, but I didnt figure out how to solve it yet.

The current calc works in rounds, so the attacker attacks, then the defender counters the attack. This until one side is dead.

I thought, for example, by giving the pikemen more defence against cavalry it would give the cavalry a weakness to pikemen. That works fine when the pikemen are defending because their defence it high, but they just hit back as normal melee units.

So I have to find a way how to make the counter attack, for units like pikemen who are strong against cavalry deal good damage against horses but not against melee type of untis.
Developer Posted on: 29-06-2008 15:24:41

The attack calculator is not yet final, so therefore moved to the ideas/suggestions forum until all problems are fixed.

Page: 1

You have to register or login first before you are able to reply.
LoD is a free online rts game free online MMORPG