Home   -   News   -   Game Tour   -   Screenshots   -   Rules   -   Chat   -   Contact   -   Forum
pt ro hu de es
pl it no nl en
The Land of Destiny Hero welcomes you.
Role playing game or called MMORPG free browser game
Breadcrumbs to navigate the website Homepage / Forum / Ideas & suggestions / Weather system

Topic: Weather system Post reply

Page: 1 [2]

Developer Posted on: 03-07-2008 16:24:01

How about a weather system in the game? 2 weeks normal like spring (no bonus), 1 week good weather like summer(bonus in food production), 1 week bad weather like winter (penalty in food production).

Other suggestions are welcome, any other kind of bonusses/penalties?
Alpha tester Posted on: 04-07-2008 10:37:14

maybe its a good idea that the weather is random. But in a way they follow the actual season, like summer, spring, winter, and in that season in a period its 1 type of weather, like 10 degrees and windy, then this gives bonusses or penalties on how good troops fight, their speed of walking, etc, and ofcourse in production.

so in that weather system there are four factors: temprature, weather type, season, and the time in which it changes, which is random too.

Then you can think of something extra, like that you can forshadow the weather in the watchtower or something, so you can see if you can attack someone or not. or at least, thats it is effective or not to attack.

temperature:
spring: between 0 and 20 degrees
summer: between 15 and 35 degrees
herfst( sorry i dont know the english word please correct this word for me)
: between 0 and 15
winter: between -10 and 10

weather type:
(excuse me if my english is not correct)
fog
windy
cloudy
heavily cloudy
little cloudy
sunny
clear
storm
rain
snow
etc.

time period:
the server calculates how long a weather time will last, then it switches to another, in the watchtower you can then see what weather it is now, and you can forshadow what will come, how higher levl. tower, the better it can see what will come.

effects:
in each season there are all weather types, sometimes they are rare or not possible, like snow in the summer, so it depends on the season what weather type will occur. Furthermore, the seasons themselves have some major or minor bonusses or penalties themselves, what these might be, i dont know ^^.

Besides the weather, i was thinking about a happiness parameter, which depents also for a part about the season and weathertype. This happiness parameter indicates how happy the people in your kingdom are, and this effects the speed of all production, including training soldiers, becouse if they are all very happy, they want to work for you, they wanna fight for the good couse, when they are hungry, and are sad, they cant work that hard anymore.

the happiness depends on the weather, the amound of food and drinkingwater available, the recourses available to the people, an d livingspace.

Maybe these ideas can be worked with, well at least I hope so. chacotey out!..
Developer Posted on: 04-07-2008 12:15:12

We should make it too complicated, so I rewrote it to something programmable. Addons or suggestions for bonusses/penalties are welcome:

Note: +% is bonus, -% is penalty

Every 2 weeks a change in season:

>Seasons:
-> spring
-> summer
-> fall
-> winter

During a season the weather changes daily, depending on the chance each season. The weather types are:

>Weather types
->windy/cloudy/fog
---> +10% military recruitement times
---> -1 ring detection range lookouttower
->sunny
---> +5% resource production
---> +5% morale (military)
->rainy
---> -5% morale (military)
->snowy
---> -5% traveling times

Each season has the following bonusses and penalties:

>spring
-> +10% resource production
-> +5% traveling times
->weather types
---> 30% windy/cloudy
---> 35% sunny
---> 30% rainy
---> 5% snowy

>summer
-> +5% resource production
-> +5% morale (military)
-> -10% military recruitement times
->weather types
---> 20% windy/cloudy
---> 60% sunny
---> 20% rainy
---> 0% snowy

>fall
-> -5% resource production
-> -5% traveling times
->weather types
---> 40% windy/cloudy
---> 10% sunny
---> 40% rainy
---> 10% snowy

>winter
-> -10% resource production
-> -10% traveling times
-> -5% morale (military)
->weather types
---> 20% windy/cloudy
---> 5% sunny
---> 20% rainy
---> 45% snowy

The weather will be shown in the interface, top left corner. To predict the weather, the technology forecast has to be researched. You need a lookout tower lvl5 for 1 day prediction, and lvl10 for 2 days.
Alpha tester Posted on: 07-07-2008 14:13:55

what is the use of types of weather now?
i see that you wrote in what percentage types of weather are presented in every season, but nowhere is listed what the use of it is.
Developer Posted on: 07-07-2008 14:56:39

its written at the top:

>Weather types
->windy/cloudy/fog
---> +10% military recruitement times
---> -1 ring detection range lookouttower
->sunny
---> +5% resource production
---> +5% morale (military)
->rainy
->snowy
---> -5% traveling times
Alpha tester Posted on: 07-07-2008 15:07:22

lol ok I am blind xD
Alpha tester Posted on: 07-07-2008 15:08:46

but when its snowy, shouldnt it be +5 % travelling time?
Developer Posted on: 07-07-2008 15:58:28

Note: +% is bonus, -% is penalty

Any other ideas for bonusses?
Alpha tester Posted on: 08-07-2008 15:09:17

sorry but i think that unlogical. Then you should have written instead of travelling times, travelling speed, how its written now is just confusing. couse -5% travelling times is negative, but you must see that first, while -5% travelling speed is clear emediately.

other ideas for bonusses:

sunny:
+10 % buildingspeed (buildings)
rainy:
-10% buildingspeed (buildings
snowy:
-15% buildingspeed (buildings)

Developer Posted on: 08-07-2008 15:43:55

Could do something with buildingspeed but we should not get too many penalties at each weather type. Else its not fun anymore.

Page: 1 [2]

You have to register or login first before you are able to reply.
LoD is a free online rts game free online MMORPG